Self-Care Awareness Month officially begins on June 24 and concludes on July 24 with Self-Care Day. Because self-care may be done "24 hours a day, 7 days a week," this day was chosen as a symbol. People all over the world will be honoring self-care throughout the month and learn how it can improve everyone's lives. Find out more about the significance of self-care.
What Is The Definition Of Self-Care?
Self-care is “The active process of making your body and mind a pleasant place to inhabit, by filing your own cup first.” Self-care ensures you have enough to give others. It’s giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you. “Self-care has no color, shape or size. It is for everyone and we all need it”. It is not a one-day task but a lifelong habit. It is the practice of individuals looking after their own health based on knowledge and information available to them.
World Health Organization describes self-care as a way of promoting and maintaining one’s health, preventing disease and coping with illness without the support of health workers.
What Are Self-Care Interventions?
There are evidence-based tools that support self-care. More tools are being created today. They are the healthcare of tomorrow. They ought to work toward improving healthcare systems. Medicines are one type of self-care measure. Others are-
- Diagnostic tools
- Digital technologies
Why Is Self-Care So Important?
It encourages individuals to take an active role in their own healthcare. It enables individuals to receive sustainable healthcare. It is crucial for one's general health and development. It maintains a person's bodily and emotional well-being. If proper self-care is practised, it helps one cope with medical issues and illnesses and protects one against diseases.
What Is Self-Care Checklist?
- Taking care of our minds and thoughts.
- Taking care of our physical health and body.
- Increasing our well-being through self-care behaviors.
- Taking care of our emotions.
- Taking care of our spiritual health.
- Not to be a people pleaser
- Trust our instincts
- Never give up on our dreams.
- Stay away from drama and negativity.
- Be kind to yourself and others.
- Let go of what we can’t control.
What Are The Seven Pillars Of Self-Care?
- Mental self-care is about cultivating a healthy mindset.
- Emotional self-care involves taking care of the heart with healthy coping strategies.
- Being mindful in thinking, talking, eating and living.
- Physical self-care involves doing exercises and taking care of our body.
- Environmental self-care involves taking care of our surroundings.
- Spiritual self-care means leading a meaningful life and practising gratitude.
- Recreational self-care means pursuing our hobbies and passions.
- Social self-care means building healthy relationships with people around us and healthy boundaries simultaneously.
What Are Some Examples Of Self-Care?
- Reading a good book
- Engaging in physical fitness regimes
- Getting enough hours of sleep
- Eating a nutritious diet
- Keeping a good personal hygiene etc
Some Self-Care Ideas To Practice - How Can We Build A Self-Care Routine?
- For an individual lacking self-accountability, he can plan to indulge in a self care activity like reading or grooming himself on a specific day by marking in the calendar.
- Find yourself a quiet space and do meditation or yoga and be flexible for it.
- Do an activity that makes you feel calm, happy, focused and energized.
- Pen down your thoughts into a journal.
- Dabble in the kitchen with a tried and true recipe.
- Try treating yourself at a spa, it is therapeutic.
- Read a good book that helps you overcome negative thoughts and affirms positivity in you.
- Stop procrastinating and tackle whatever you get in happiness.
- Give yourself a break from TV and listen to good entertaining podcasts.
- Plant trees in your garden and surroundings.
- Take a morning walk in the lap of nature.
- Do a digital detox, cut down on use of phones and electronic devices for a day.
What Happens When We Don’t Practice Self-Care?
- Lack of self-confidence
- Burnout at work
Is Self-Care Selfish?
Self-care entails bettering oneself without having to sacrifice others. The basis of wellness is self-care. This health enables us to deal with daily challenges and engage in social interactions. It makes us more productive. And it's our responsibility to look for ourselves. The cycle of stress needs to be replaced with the cycle of self-care. Therefore, loving yourself, caring for yourself, and prioritizing your happiness are not acts of selfishness.
THERE IS NO BIGGER INVESTMENT THAN SELF-GROWTH AND SELF-CARE - BOTH ARE INEXPENSIVE AND NON-NEGOTIABLE. SHOW UP FOR YOURSELF EVERY DAY!
Visit Project Global Cure today and join us in this cause.
Contact usRequest a Proposal