Definition of exercise and physical fitness-
Exercise is a category of physical activity with the enhancement or maintenance of physical fitness as its ultimate or intermediate goal. It is planned, systematic, and repetitive. A group of characteristics known as physical fitness are either health- or skill-related.
Benefits of exercise and physical activity-
- Controls weight
- Combats health conditions and diseases
- Improves mood
- Boosts energy
- Promotes better sleep
- Strengthen bones and muscles
- Improves ability to do everyday activities
- Improves brain health
- Improves thinking and cognition in children
- Reduces anxiety in adults
- Increases your chances to live longer
Workout in physical fitness-
Workout refers to a time of physical activity or an exercise session. Better phrased: a timetable or program of specified exercises, especially one designed to accomplish a specific objective. Exercise refers to any action that puts strain on the body or mind. One must choose the best exercises for them from among the many available. A good workout schedule means if you want to work out 5 days per week on both strength and cardiovascular fitness, try 3 days of strength training, 2 days of cardio and 2 days of active rest. So workout schedules vary according to body needs from person to person.
Depending on the age and health, one needs to decide the amount of exercise their body needs. Additional things that one can do to get the best out of workouts involve:
- Selecting exercises that target the back, belly, and pelvic muscles, among other sections of the body.
- Exercising in a way that makes you happy.
- Safe workouts with the right gear can help you avoid injuries. Don't overwork your body, and pay attention to it.
- Set hard but reasonable goals.
Relationship between physical fitness and exercise-
Physical activity is any skeletal muscle-generated movement that consumes energy, whereas physical fitness is a quantifiable state like strength or endurance. Exercise is intentional movement done with the aim of enhancing health and fitness. Exercise is thus, planned physical activity. But physical activity does not require exercise. There is thus a difference between physical fitness and exercise.
Combination of exercises from which most people benefit-
- Endurance or aerobic activities increasing breathing and heart rate
- Brisk walking, jogging, swimming and biking improve overall fitness and are aerobic activities
- Strength or resistance training exercises make muscles stronger
- Lifting weights using resistance band is form of resistance training
- Balance exercises can make it easier to walk on uneven surfaces and prevent falls.
- Flexibility exercises stretch your muscles and help your body stay limber
- Yoga is example of flexibility exercise that makes body flexible
Recommendations to incorporate physical fitness regimes in busy lifestyles-
Since it can be challenging for some people with hectic schedules to accommodate regular exercise into their daily routines at first, it is advised to start gently and divide exercise time into manageable portions. Depending on one's age and health, one might gradually increase the quantity of exercise that is advised. There is a lot of importance of fitness in maintaining a healthy life.
Difference between aerobic activity, flexible activity and muscle-strengthening activity-
- Aerobic activities make you breathe harder and make heart and blood vessels healthier.
- Dancing, bicycle riding, water aerobics, playing tennis, golfing are examples of aerobic activities
- Flexible activities or flexibility enhancing activities ensure good range of motion in joints.
- Gender, age and genetics influence range of motion.
- Yoga, stretching and Pilates are examples of flexibility activities
- Muscle strengthening activities build up strength and work all body parts
- Heavy gardening, lifting weights are examples of muscle strengthening activities.
Dancing is an exercise that improves mood while you learn, move and perform. Many people take dance classes to put them in a good mood, ease depression and anxiety. It raises heart rate and works muscles.
- Promote and support creative and healthy lifestyles.
- Encourage citizens to be more physically active for a healthy body and a healthy mind.